Tuesday 8 November 2016

Today's outfit was assembled while trying to dress a baby intent on escaping from me, and yelling "get dressed!" 37 times at my six-year-old.
I'm wearing an ASOS Tall spotty cotton dress, unlined and almost sheer. I've layered it over a 1960s full slip for warmth. If I like a garment but not its proportions, I'll size up or down, or buy from a brand's tall or petite range. I'm 5' 3", but I love that this dress is so midi as to be frumpy. If it had pockets it'd be perfect.

The jumper which looks like it's made from the hair of 100 dogs is from H&M and ridiculously cosy. Total hygge wear, if you're into that. This one, too. Out of my price range, but SWOON for this whole look, head to toe.


Dark grey tights, black ASOS brogues, scarf my mother-in-law got me. The khaki jacket is from one of my favourite brands, Weekday. I shop the sale and get some great bargains. This was £27, down from £80. It's sold out, but this beauty (again, over budget for me) is versatile and flattering. Be warned, though - their sizing is bonkers. Sometimes I'll be an XS and the item is still too baggy (I'm a size 12.)

It felt like a real wrench not to automatically reach for a pair of jeans this morning. And tomorrow my daughter, H, is dressing me...

Also, I really need to get a phone with a better camera. And a better spot to take photos than my messy bedroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment