Monday 7 November 2016

This is a blog about clothes. The things I love wearing, the things I'll never wear, the things I used to wear all the time but now hang, untouched, in my wardrobe.

It's not about what's in fashion. Like many women, I keep up with new trends, read magazines, look at style blogs. I know what's new and 'in', but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll wear it. I like what suits me and my lifestyle, and that changes all the time. Currently, tie-neck blouses and necklaces are out as daywear (much as I love them) because my 11-month-old grabs everything and pulls. Instead, I love mannish shirts, jeans that don't show half my bum when I bend over, brogues, rings, loose jumpers. 

What are you wearing these days? Does it suit the way you live? I used to skip off* to my smart publishing job each morning in ballet flats, a Peter Pan collared-top and a vintage A-line skirt (granted, this was a decade ago). Now, I do the school run in slip-on Vans, mom jeans and a parka over my pajama top (not a fashion pajama top - one I actually sleep in). 

I'll be posting about the clothing I love and how I wear it. The stuff I feel too old/fat/mumsy to wear will get a look-in, too. The new trends I'm finally getting around to trying: have you heard that jumpsuits are A Thing? 



*And I did skip! I lived within hearing distance of Big Ben and worked in Covent Garden. Ah, youth.


No comments:

Post a Comment